Apr 03 , 2019
I have been in business since 1993 when I had a brick and mortar shop in Hillingon and now I am 100% online and would love to give my opinion on the pros and cons of the two ways of doing business.
- Love to display the stock
- Enjoyed talking to customers
- Creating the window display every week
- When stock comes, price it and put it on the shelf!
- No damages
- Very few returns if any
- Handling money was a fun part too
- No hassle of packing & posting
- Customers would praise my shop and it was very encouraging
- More profit
- Less competition
- Fixed working hours
- No flexibility
- Cannot take too many days off
- Shop Lifting
- Local sales only which was a BIG downside
- High rent
- High business rates
- Have to attend the till all the time whether you have customers or not
- Need a lot of stock to fill the shop
- Flexible hours
- No pricing of stock
- Can shut online store without being effected much
- Less rent and rates to pay
- If working from home, less overheads and close to your children
- Sales nationwide and world wide, bringing in higher volume of sales
- Creating blogs, website designing
- More hours with family
- Have a more relaxed life
- Have more variety and stock
- Packing and posting
- Damages and returns
- Customers want the goods like NOW!! We all can't be like Amazon!
- People very eager to leave bad feedback and reviews
- Work more hours then in the shop as business is 24/7
- Lost items
- Less profit as too many competitors
Overall I really loved my wool and craft shop and my customers loved it too, but unfortunately sales were not promising and everything was trending towards online shopping and I had no choice but to go online.
I still enjoy my online business, its my passion and my baby :)
I have great goals and will hopefully achieve them soon!
If you want freedom, a family life, no bosses to boss you, then I would say one word 'Business'
I love and enjoy my Filoro Crafts business!
Hope you love shopping here too!